Head Lice Solutions
Don’t let nits drive you nuts! Locating and removing head Lice and nits at home can be a very time-consuming and traumatic experience for both you and your child! Let our experienced Kiddy Cutters remove the head Lice and nits for you. We offer head Lice solutions for the whole family.
Quick Facts About Lice
• Head Lice does not indicate a lack of hygiene or sanitation – they thrive in clean hair!
• Head Lice are highly contagious and children are more susceptible because they are more likely to have close head-to-head contact.
• Head Lice have developed increased resistance to over the counter treatments, so re-infestation commonly occurs.
• The Lice lifecycle: Begins with eggs, which hatch into nymphs and then become adults seven days later. Adults lay up to 8 eggs a day!
Many at-home treatments are not effective and it’s common for the Lice to return. We strongly encourage you to contact us at the salon so that your child can be Lice free in one treatment.
Our Treatment Process
We begin with a Lice check to confirm that your child has Lice. In 75% of cases there are no Lice present and the itchy scalp is caused by other reasons. Lice checks only take 15 minutes and cost $10 (the fee is waived if we do a Lice treatment).
To totally eradicate the Lice life cycle, our treatment involves the following steps:
1. The Lice treatment is applied after hair is washed.
2. Hair is sectioned and thoroughly combed with a Lice comb to remove Lice and nits (eggs).
3. Hair is washed, conditioned and dried off.
4. A final comb through and spray with a preventative product.
We’ve answered some commonly asked questions on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Our Treatment Guarantee
We offer a 10 day guarantee that you/your child will be Lice-free after one treatment and a follow-up check. (Guarantee is contingent on a follow-up Lice check at our salon between 7 – 10 days after the Lice treatment to ensure that re-infestation has not occurred during that time from some other source. A $10 head lice check fee for the follow-up will apply).
Book Your Appointment
You can book a Lice check online. Alternatively, you can call the salon on 8385 6454 or drop-in so that one of our experienced Kiddy Cutters can advise you on the correct solution.
Lice Treatment Price Guide
Please refer to the prices and treatment times below. These may differ depending on hair length, hair type and the level of infestation. (There may be a surcharge of $30 if the hair is extra-long, tangled, very curly, thick or heavily infested. You will be advised if this surcharge applies before the treatment. If this is the case, to ensure that the treatment is thorough, we may need an additional half an hour for the treatment).
For more in-depth information: Download our Head Lice Guide